Things to Consider before Buying a Home Together It used to be that couples first got married, and then bought a home together. Nomore! Modern couples no longer consider marriage a prerequisite
5 Best Hiking Trails Near Loudoun County
Dated: February 25 2021
5 of the Best Hiking Trails Near Loudoun County
One of the many wonderful attractions Loudoun County has to offer is its many hiking trails with spectacular views. From Leesburg to Bluemont, Loudoun County has a wide range of beautiful views to offer its residents. Here are 5 of the best hiking trails that Loudoun County has to offer.
1. Red Rock Wilderness Overlook Regional Park- Not only does this hike offer an extraordinarily beautiful view of the Potomac River, but it also offers the Chance to learn more about several historic buildings. There are several different trails which leave it up to the individual hiker to decide what difficulty level they’ll choose that day. The shortest trail is 0.4 miles, and the longest trail is 1.2 miles making this the perfect hiking spot for beginners.
2. Ball’s Bluff Battlefield Regional Park- This hiking trail is the perfect spot to visit for those who want to enjoy a beginner to intermediate level hike while learning more about the area’s history. This park is home to the third smallest cemetery in the country and an excellent spot to visit to learn more about the Civil War era.
3. Washington and Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park- This trail is one of the area’s most popular trails used for walking, biking, and skating. The entire route is 45-miles long and has multiple areas allowing you to park and hop off the trail. For this reason, this trail has become extremely popular among commuters in the area. The W&OD trail is considered to be one of the “skinniest” parks in Virginia.
4. Beaverdam Reservoir Trail- This 6-mile trail is located in Ashburn and is accessible all year long. In addition to enjoying this moderate-level hiking trail, you can also enjoy kayaking and fishing at the Reservoir.
5. Banshee Reeks Nature Preserve- At this nature preserve located in Leesburg, you can enjoy 20 miles of trails on 695 acres. Although horses and bikes are not permitted, it’s the perfect location to bring your dog for a scenic weekend stroll. There are several trails offered at this preserve, which means you can try a different trail each visit!
Do you have a favorite hiking trail in the Loudoun County area? Leave us a comment down below!
Saad was taught at a young age that if you want something in life, you have to work for it. So that’s what he did. And he worked hard. Saad got into the real estate industry 8 years ago when his fa....
Latest Blog Posts
Happy (almost) Spring! As the weather is growing warmer, we know that a lot of people are excited to gather outdoors with loved ones again. We wanted to kick off the first week of March by giving